The Spanish language is becoming increasingly more important to speak and understand. More than 420 million people speak Spanish, including those who speak it as a second or third language. Approximately 17 million of those are in the United States, making speaking Spanish more than just a passing fad. Fortunately, there are many online resources geared towards helping people learn how to speak Spanish.
Learn Conversational Spanish
The website, studyspanish.com, provides people with the opportunity to learn conversational Spanish. Although this program will not help you achieve fluency, by reading the lessons and repeating sounds and phrases with the audio attachments, you can be well on your way to carrying on a conversation. Sample beginning lessons are available online, and students can add to their knowledge with the purchase of CDs.
Courses, Tutors and Games in Spanish
Websites like 123teachme.com provide grammar, vocabulary, verb conjugations and sounds, like the other websites, but they also incorporated games and quizzes. These games and quizzes use vocabulary and phrases to test students knowledge and memory. People using this site can also work with Spanish tutors, people who know the language fluently, to get one-on-one help and accelerate the learning process.
Use Videos on Google and YouTube
Videos are available on YouTube and Google, and allow Spanish students to hear how the words are said, including accents and emphasis, but also see how they're said. Some of these videos use visual aids, displaying words and their pronunciation, like a book and audio tape would do, while others use people. The videos are for the beginning and advanced learners, depending upon the individuals needs and desires.
Learn Practical Spanish
Websites like e-spanol.hu/en outline the basics of Spanish, including grammar, vocabulary and expressions. This website provides games, quizzes, tests, word practices, audio videos and transcripts for students to test their knowledge and maximize they're Spanish skills.
Master Words and Phrases
For the beginning and advanced Spanish speakers, or students who simply want a larger vocabulary, websites like learn-spanish.co.il/ are ideal. This website lectures specific words and phrases that can make your Spanish more descriptive and detailed, including words relating to travel, color, shapes, sports, animals, food and clothing. However, this website does not include an audio, but only a simple visual of the words.
Making money is a priority for everyone. After all, just about everyone could use a bit of extra money right? Well, today, more and more people are turning to the lucrative field of affiliate marketing to make cold hard cash. In fact, many Gurus argument that there is a lot of money to be made with promoting other people's products. However, as a newbie Affiliate Marketer myself, I can tell you that there are some advantages and disadvantages to this business model. In this article, we'll discuss both.
First of all, if you do not know what affiliate marketing is, do not feel bad, I did not either at first. Affiliate marketing is basically a cooperative agreement between a merchant, and an online affiliate. The affiliate gains contracts by providing customers to the merchant.
There are typically three payment structures for affiliates. With pay per click payment structures, affiliates are paid when the customer visits the merchant from the affiliate's site. On the other hand, per lead payments are made when an affiliate reiter someone to the merchant's site and that person fulfills the required action. For instance, let's say you're an affiliate for an insurance company who pays you when prospects fill out an application. In this instance, you'll be paid when someone submits a valid application which is called paid per lead. The third type is called pay per sale. During this instance, an affiliate is paid only when a potential customer purchases the merchant's item.
Advantages of affiliate marketing:
o Money, money and more money. There is a lot of money to be made with affiliate marketing and many people make great incomes promoting other people's products and services.
o You can be your own boss. You work when you feel like it, or when you are able to. You basically write your own paycheck with the amount of work you can do. When you need extra earnings for holidays, or paying a really huge bill, you just invest more time into marketing products and make more money.
o Promote what you love. You can promote any product that you want to promote. There are literally millions of products to choose from, you simply have to find one that you like and go for it. In fact, some affiliate marketers test out niches and then produce their own competitive or complimentary products. By thinking outside the box, they are able to rake in even more money.
o Earn money while you sleep. You earn money continuously, even when you're not on the computer. You do not have to monitor your work with an affiliate program, because the customers will go to the merchant's sites whenever you are online or not. In fact, you can even make money while you were sleeping … what could be better than that?
Disadvantages of affiliate marketing:
Now that we've discussed the advantages of affiliate marketing, we'll now discuss the disadvantages.
o Hard to find good products. It can be tricky to find a product that is worth promoting. There are literally millions of products that you could promote and it is sometimes hard to focus in on just one.
o Dishonest merchants. It can be difficult finding a merchant or vendor that is really honest and legitimate. In fact, there are some merchants who are dishonest that they lie and refuse to give you credit for your referrals. In some cases, these merchants would rather shut down their businesses than pay up. And, the bad thing is that affiliates basically have little recourse whatever.
o Lots of competition. There is a lot of competition among affiliate marketers, especially for the good products. In fact, some technically savvy affiliate marketers have even figured out clever ways to steal commissions using special equipment. Although there are some precautionary measures affiliate can take, this can be quite problematic.
o It's not your product you're promoting. As an affiliate marketer, you are basically promoting someone else's product or service so your responsibilities are in their hands. If they decide to quit the program or reduce the responsibilities, you'll have no say so whatsoever.
In conclusion, there are advantages and disadvantages of being an affiliate marketer. Although there is great potential to make substantial income, marketing other people's products, puts you at a disadvantage. Therefore, your best bet is to take your time, test it out and build your own product so that you can get others to market it for you. That way, you'll be the one calling the shots.
1. Hire a comedian who can poke some fun at your CEO, do an impersonation of him, or even make a light of your industry as a whole.
2. Hire a magician that can incorporated your sales message into his magic, or cut your CEO or receptionist in half. He might even be able to vanish the CEO, much to the delight of the employees.
3. Book a vocal improvement group to take requests and spin them into a funny performance.
4. Have a musician write a song about your company and play it at the event.
5. Hire a celebrity impersonator to come to the event and sign autographs and take pictures with guests.
6. Book a caricature artist to draw personalized sketches of each employee at the company. These are fun souvenirs as well.
7. Book a digital caricature artist who composes his or her photos digitally on a computer right in front of your eyes. They can even personalize the backdrop to reflect the company
or event. This is a great souvenir for the guests to take home.
8. Book a balloon artist that makes the life size figures such as Disney characters, scenery like palm trees, huge company logos, and more. The balloon artist can do these figures with everyone watching making it an experience to watch the balloons being put together.
9. How about a strolling juggler who can mingle through the cocktail hour.
10. Book a stilt walker to make a big announcement for your company at an annual conference or meeting. It is a fun and guaranteed way to get everyone's attention.
11. A clown is a great option for events with children or families. There are also evil clowns for events with no kids or around Halloween.
12. Book a palm reader to make psychic predictions about the future of the company or to tell people's fortunes.
13. Hire a reality TV star to interact with guests. They are far less money than big time Hollywood celebrities.
14. Book a tribute band to play the songs of an artist that is popular among the guests.
15. An a cappella group can perform on stage or stroll through the event during a cocktail hour or dinner.
16. Hire a symphony orchestra to play at the event. You will need to consider space requirements for this type of an act.
17. You could have a mime act out a corporate message to employees or event customers.
18. Book a DJ to play only requested songs or songs from a certain era such as the 80's
19. Break dancers can be lots of fun. They are generally young, hip, and add a sense of youth to an event.
20. How about a mariachi band for some festive music.
21. A steel drum band can be a nice addition to a high end gala event.
22. Booking a fire eater can be a great way to kick off the launch of a hot new product or service.
23. Carolers can be nice addition to any holiday event.
24. A living statement can be a great idea for almost any event. Make sure you ask for a living statement that matches closely to the theme of your event or meeting.
25. Booking a cirque act is a great idea when the event needs something remarkable or to get a buzz going. Make sure you can accommodate for the space some of the cirque acts require.
26. A snake charmer is a unique way break up a meeting or attract a crowd at an event.
27. Hire a mentalist to read the minds of the guests. This is creative way that the performer can interact with the audience.
28. How about an ice sculptor who can sculpt the company logo or a corporate message live while people watch it being carved.
29. Acrobats provide a purely addition to an event.
30. Singing waiters are an a cappella group dressed as formal waiters. This catches guests off guard and is an offbeat way to infuse entertainment into the dining experience.
31. Ballroom dancers can be popular with all the dance themed TV shows like Dancing with the Stars and others.
32. A barbershop quartert is an a cappella group where all the members wear red and white costumes, similar to that of a barbershop pole. This has a nostalgic feel to it.
33. Dueling pianos are a fantastic way to get the audience involved with nonstop entertainment
34. You could have your employees put on the entertainment by having a talent show and getting everyone in the company involved including the CEO. You will want to record this so everyone can watch it later on, or you may even want to send them all home with a copy, or mail it to them afterwards. You could also post them on YouTube for all to comment on.
35. A marching band can be an official way to introduce somebody special at the event. It can also be a way of showing that the company does not take themselves too seriously if they book a fun themed marching band.
36. Book the 60 second novelist. He comes with his own table and a manual typewriter and requests guests a few questions to get a sense of who they are, and he types out a short life story in one minute. He even binds it so guests can take it home. The story is funny, imaginative and true. This is a fun way to get people to open up and share their stories and get to know each other.
37. Face painters are a neat way to entertain the youngger kids.
38. A choir can be a nice way to make a grandiose statement.
39. How about an opera singer for a classy event or gala.
40. A graffiti artist that can create a painting of someone or something with a large crowd watching. Some artists do this type of thing super fast, making it intriguing to watch.
41. Book hula dancers to mingle on the dance floor with guests.
42. How about Polynesian dancers to inject a unique culture into the event.
43. A ventriloquist can be a great entertainment choice that can play well for kids or adults depending on the performer.
44. Hire a dynamic storyteller who can weave a message about the goal of the event or meeting.
45. An escape artist is a dramatic way to convey messages such as, escaping or breaking free of limiting beliefs and constraints. This can be a nice way to motivate employees to achieve a goal.
46. Booking a hypnotist can provide a serious element or a comedic one.
47. A rapper could perform a comedic rap specifically written about the company. Some rappers can even improvise this on the spot.
48. A puppeteer is another option for youngger children to keep them entertained.
49. Hire a sword swallower to attract the crowd or if it fits into the theme.
50. You can always hire a real Hollywood celebrity to attract the attention and buzz you need or try booking a couple of smaller celebrities to make better use of your funds and get more celebrity drawing power.
51. You might want to book a political impersonator that is popular such as Sarah Palin or Barack Obama.
52. A harpist can add a light musical touch without loud music. This would be nice for a laid back, high end atmosphere.
53. How about having multiple celebrity tribute artists on stage performing a bunch of hits songs from the various artists they impersonate.
54. Have a stage where different executives from the company do karaoke for a variety of songs.
55. Finally, the best way to guarantee a creative entertainment experience is to have the performer or performers customize their actions to your event or meeting. This creates a memorable experience guests are sure to remember for a long time.